BAJA MEXICO AND THE SOCORRO ISLANDS - ACCOMMODATIONS FOR LA PAZ, CABO SAN LUCAS and SOCORRO (RESORTS AND LIVEABOARDS)
Club Cantamar - Resort - LA PAZ
Club Cantamar is a secluded hacienda style resort and marina with 35 rooms, 2 jr. suites, and 4 apartments. All rooms are decorated with Spanish tile and in the colors of the desert. Amenities within the rooms include comfortable beds, private bathroom, air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone (in most rooms). The standard rooms and jr. suites will accommodate up to 4 persons comfortably, but if you are looking for a home away from home, you may find your perfect stay in one of the condos, which is located steps away from the beach, and equipped with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining room, living room and private balcony. Out of the Pichilingue Marina, located at Club Cantamar, you will enjoy amazing diving on one of six dive boats, and at certain times of the year have the opportunity to experience Whale Sharks, Hammerheads and Manta Rays during their migration period.
Other amenities that Club Cantamar has to offer are:
* Pool with swim-up bar located among palm trees overlooking the ocean
* Restaurant with ocean view, offering tasty authentic specialties (full or half board)
* Entertainment area with large screen TV, VCR and DVD players
* Rinse tanks (30 feet from the dock)
* Ventilated lockers (private and double locked - just 30 feet from the dock)
The following amenities are also offered at Club Cantamar for an additional charge:
* Day Trips including sea kayaking, fishing excursions, sailing, whale watching tours
* Rental scuba gear, including semi-closed and closed circuit rebreathers (with certification)
* PADI Scuba Classes (open water and specialty classes including Nitrox)
* Hyperbaric Chamber
Club Cantamar is also the field station for the Shark Research Institute. An ultralight-airplane is utilized to help locate whale sharks and mantas for tagging purposes, and learning migration habits.